Here are some highlights from this past month:
- All four incisors are coming in. The fourth molar also came in, but that may have been a month or two ago.
- Seems like Emmy is picking up new words everyday. Some of my favorites include: goggy (glasses), poop poop (although it's only used correctly 1/10th of the time), gab-gaw (grandma), ock (sock), mar-mar (in reference to her birthmark)
- Favorite Song: Wheels on the Bus, and she demands that everyone around her do the motions to the song
- Favorite Food: nothing in particular, she hasn't been eating yogurt as much as the past
- Favorite Obsession: taking shoes to their rightful owners
- Favorite Book: Goodnight Moon
- Favorite Word: NOOOOOOOOO (with the attitude of a teenager, oh dear- what are we in for?)
- Emmy now sometimes enjoys brushing her teeth since we got her a kids' spinbrush
- We started swim lessons at Miller Swim School. Emmy is doing sooo well- she's learning to kick and row with her arms (she already had the blowing bubbles thing down).
- Health has been ok overall. We still do the steroid inhaler twice a day, Nasonex in the AM and Zyrtec at night. I think we finally found a winning combination.
As I say every month, this one has certain been fun. But I will throw in that it has been a little difficult. Stern talks and time outs don't seem to be working in the discipline area. Chris and I have much learning to do so that we can carefully and effectively discipline our daughter. It is my prayer that I can be a good mama to Emmy.