Wednesday, October 13, 2010
So apparently there was a 4.5 earthquake centered in Norman, OK at 9:06AM. And guess what? I didn’t feel a THING. I have a theory (my coworker insists it is only a hypothesis…) If you were standing or sitting in a regular you didn’t feel it. If you were sitting in a chair that can swivel, rock etc AND if you had most of your weight in your rear (not on your feet) then you DID feel it! I’m just so bummed I didn’t feel it like everyone else!
Well, that’s the breaking news for the day.
Wednesday, October 6, 2010
Here's the scoop:
- Hovering in around 26+ pounds, but walking now so my arm will probably lose some muscle mass in the upcoming months.
- Red hot chili peppers....phew, I cannot wait for the terrible twos and threes if you are already throwing these temper tantrums.
- You got your 6th tooth, I need to look at a diagram- but I think it's the right lateral incisor.
- You have some new words. Some you can pronounce well, some you can't- but we love them all : book (bk), bottle (bah), banana (bobo), whoa, wow, uh oh (sometimes pronounced ut-boh), car (more like gaaa)
- I love your school b/c I know we work on body parts with you at home, but you are learning so fast and I know they must be working with you during the day too, you can identify: head, teeth, belly, toes, eyes
- You are starting to sign! Hallelujah. You have an "emmy" version of PLEASE and sometimes you'll sign MORE. We are still working on ALL DONE. Most of the time you just throw food off your plate, but sometimes you will say "ahhh".
- I've placed your bin of books on the lower shelf so that you can go pull a book out, read one page, and then pull out another book. You are a diabolical genius because you then keep us busy until your bedtime and then some how we end up being the ones that get to pick up your mess!
- You like to hold hands, you like for us to identify objects for you in books or around the room and on occasion you have walked to your high chair to indicate that you are hungry.
- You are consistently keeping your shoes ON, hooray! I found a great deal on some Merrells today at Marshalls, I hope they fit! You wear a size 4 now.
- You try to helps us get you dressed: put your shoes near your feet, push your hands through the sleeves.....such a big helper!
- Speaking of helper, hello wipes obsession. You love to wipe your mouth, wipe the floor, suck on wipe...repeat. A weird version of a clean freak?
- You don't like for us to distract you, ie carry you to the bathroom for your bath time if you were doing something else. But if you enter the bathroom on your own will then we are A-OK!
- Really though, all of this independence is OK. I want Emmy to be a strong woman who isn't afraid to stand up for what she believes, and to be a little fiesty.
- You like to climb up your slide and then go back down on your belly, sometimes your bottom.
- You sleep from about 730 to 630 with 2 short naps inbetween. You are taking milk from a sippy now, but you still take it as though it was a bottle
- This month you went to the Samson Mid-Continent division picnic and the Tulsa State Fair!
Friday, October 1, 2010
Chris and I started attending FBC Tulsa in the summer of 2008 and quickly joined a life group class. Life groups are great because it makes a larger body feel much smaller. We recently joined a new class and have had fun getting to know new couples.
Tonight (while my hubby and dad were at the OSU/A&M game...oh, my hubby is an OSU hater, so it's very intersting that he was at the game, no?) oh, how I digress. Anyway, tonight I had the girls over to make just ONE scrap page to hang in our life group classroom. A few pictures and a few factoids, just a "get to know us" on one page. I'm not sure I quite like mine, but it's 90% finished, so I guess I'll stick with it b/c without the support of others around me- I won't re-make mine.
Hope you all had a wonderful Thursday night, it should be wonderful just for the fact that tomorrow is Fabulous Friday!