So here's what Evelyn was up to in her first month of life:
- We quickly sized up to a size 1 diaper around 3-4 weeks
- It takes her quite awhile to get all her burps and spit up out, often times 30-50mins
- She also likes to spit up through her nose..ouch!
- Evelyn's witching hour falls from about 10pm-12am. Luckily, she was very content and sleepy from 530-730 when things are very hectic with the older girls.
- Speaking of sleep, she sleeps GREAT during the day :)
- She is growing out of most newborn clothes
- She eats every 2-3 hours during the day and goes closer to 4-5 hours at night.
- Wet hiccups, wet burps, wet gurgles...wet everything!
- At 1 month & 2 days she weighed in at 10#13oz (that's 1#/week!)
- Not very interested in cooing or playing...just sleep. She does make eye contact for short amounts of time.
- Evelyn is an expert at grunting and breathing fast when she is upset.
- Another favorite activity is being smothered by her older sisters.
So here's what's going on with the big girls:
- So far they really love her and we haven't seen any aggressiveness toward Evelyn.
- Nora has been very sweet and compliant the past few weeks, it has been so helpful.
- Emmy wants to hold Evelyn everyday and will often cry at night if she realizes that the day has passed without her holding the baby.
- Emmy can swim proficiently without floaties, it's a whole new world.
- Nora now thinks she doesn't need floaties. She can float on her back (when she wants to, and only for her swim teacher).
- Life has continued on as normal for the older girls: swim lessons, daycare, returning to church when Evelyn was 2 weeks old...