Sunday, January 9, 2011

17 month update

So, I had nice updated ready to go on the big computer.  I just needed to spell check- and then it would have been ready to post.  Why didn't I just create a draft in blogger?  Well, I just didn't expect my computer to practically crash and die on me...agh.  We have absolutely nothing backed up, so I do hope it turns back on again just once so that (after I go out and buy an external hard drive) I can back up all those precious pictures we have.

Here is what I can remember of the list:
  • Just learned how to nod yes, and says "deah".  We are working on Yes Ma'am, Sir, or anything!
  • Can make animal noises for cow, sheep, duck, and kitty cat
  • Knows all the parts of the face (which I think isn't actually new this month)...is also learning elbow and knees.
  • Picking up new words left and right.  Very interested in what things are named, Emmy is trying very hard to verbally communicate although it usually just ends up with whining and stomping of feet.
  • Emmy was a great wrapping-paper-demolition-queen.
  • She is wearing size 18month-2T clothes, size 4-5 shoes, and size 5 diaper.
  • We did buy a potty but are not forcing anything right now, just wanted to have it handy.  Ya know, just in case (which realistically may not be for another 6 months or so)
  • Emmy received a new kitchen for Christmas and loves to dump out all her food, try to chew on it, and then abandon the scene.
  • This month she enjoyed a 3 day stay with Mimi & Papa while we went to NOLA for the Sugar Bowl.
  • Says either "bah" or "bee" for up.  She will pat the object that she wants on top of and will try to climb.  Poor thing just has short legs, she needs a step stool.
  • Says MAY-MEN after prayers.
  • Emmy has learned SO much this past month. She continually amazes us.  I'm pretty certain life was boring as all get out before she entered our lives.  So hard to believe 17 months have gone by when it just feels like yesterday she was a mere 7# baby.
Thank you for sharing in the memories with me.  I'm sorry if this post is boring for you, I write it down because I don't want to forget.

1 comment:

  1. i feel like just yesterday we were in the baby class together.. and trying not to laugh at that ladies breathing! I cant believe she is 17 months! Where in the heck does time go! I think emmy and cate would be fast friends.. cate dumps all kitchens stuff out and then disappears to make more messes!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say: