SO...I backdated the posting to make it look like I posted this on time. But who am I trying to kid?!?!
So here is what has been going on in our world the past month:
- Emmy has a few new words: cracker, more (signing it too), milk (sign only), bye bye tree, weeeeeeeee (that's an old one, but too cute not to mention), bah-bah (spider), soos (shoes)
- There are SO many more words that she's trying to say. If we speak words slowly, she tries to repeat. It's the best, but it also means we both need to start watching what we say a little more closely. NOT referring to terribly bad words, but just ones we wouldn't want to hear come out of her sweet mouth.
- She loves looking at the fire but has never attempted to come close to it. She stands, points and says "OOOOOOOOOOH".
- Also, when Chris and I are adding wood to the fire, Emmy loves to come and hug our backs. She's not a huge front hugger, but she CANNOT.RESIST.HUGGING.OUR.BACKS.....odd, I know. But I love it.
- She can take her socks and shoes off, she also tries to put them on.
- Emmy moved up a class at school and is now down to one nap a day, about 1.5-2 hours long. This has yielded a much longer total nap time, but I think she is still missing that afternoon nap just a bit.
- Little miss thing loves the ornaments on the Christmas tree, so we have moved them all up past her reach. She has one snowman ornament that she's allowed to hold.
- In lieu of touching the tree and ornaments, we told Emmy to just say "HI" to everything. So now she says HI and when we leave for school, we say "Bye Bye Tree"....actually, bye bye in general is now bye bye to the tree.
- We had a wonderful Thanksgiving up in KS with the Ensley fam.....until 7 people came down with the Great Stomach Bug of 2010. We did not, thank you Lord. Really........thank you Lord.
- On occasion Emmy has shown signs of temper tantrums: stomping of feet, gently throwing herself on the floor....I know this is just the beginning. OH BOY!
- Always an outdoors girl, it doesn't matter if its 20 degrees, that's all you want.
- Maybe we are boring? Emmy asks to go bye bye allll the time, even if we've only been home for an hour.
- Wearing a size 5 diaper, 4 1/2- 5 shoe, clothes range from 18 mos to 2T, weighed in at 27# at Thanksgiving.
- Lower Left Lateral Incisor finnnnaaaallllyyyy broke through Nov 30.
- Everyday Emmy's personality, strong will, and loving personality shines through even more. We are excited to be adding to our family and can't wait to see her with her new little brother/sister.