Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Brave Girl

Emmy and I had a very busy day, we each had a dr's appt. I had my 6 week post-partum checkup. I can't believe it's already been 6 weeks, so crazy. As a thank you to my dr, Emmy and I gave her some stationary that I designed. We're all just so thankful for her safe 39 week ride inside me and safe delivery. It was a little scary there for a few weeks, and I'm so glad we didn't have a pre-term baby. As thankful as we are do the medical staff, believe me- we know that God was the one who was in ultimate control of the situation. We're glad he did His work through the hands of those taking care of us.

Appointment number 2 of the day was for Emmy girl. They noticed when she was born that she had a short little frenulum, "tongue tied". The pediatricians who saw her in the hospital didn't think it needed to be clipped. So we didn't do anything about it. But then around week 2, breastfeeding was not going as well and the latches weren't that great. So I made an appt with another pediatrician at the office (at 4 weeks) and she referred us to an ENT to take a look at it. She thought it'd be better to take care of it now, especially if I thought it was affecting her eating. Obviously, chubby cheeks as proof, Emmy is eating fine. But it hasn't been the MOST comfortable thing in the world.

So here are the pictures of our brave girl. The first is before the procedure, Dr H is trying to get a good look inside. The second is a picture I took right when we got home.





Sorry for the lack of GOOD pictures. My DSLR is sick right now and not writing images to the memory card. I have taken quite a few with my point and shoot, but it's just not the same. SIGH and a TEAR.

1 comment:

I love hearing what you have to say: