- Favorite Song: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star (sometimes she'll sing the last line), It Ain't Me Babe
- Favorite Food(s): Fresh pineapple, cantaloupe, peanut butter on a spoon, Eggo cinnamon toast waffles
- Favorite Obsession: blowing bubbles in the bathtub
- Favorite Book: ALL books, nothing in particular this month
- Favorite Word: Lally (Sally, the dog)
- Favorite Shows: Toy story 3, handy manny, mickey mouse clubhouse and other big girl movies
- As we drive the curves on the BA, will say “wheeeeeeee”
- Started noticing “owies” and says it in the sweetest voice. She also likes to kiss others' owies.
- Emmy has graduated to drinking milk out of normal hard spouted sippy cups! (She’s been off a bottle since a little over 1 year old, but has been drinking her milk out of soft spouted sippy cups)
- Lower left incisor finally cut through
- Walking is a THING OF THE PAST! Tip toe-ing around and running are Emmy’s new talents.
- She is putting two words together now, “hi mama”, “dada home”, “puppies no”, “puppies walk”…and many others that we can’t really understand
- I follow a lot of statements with, “ok?” to which she replies “tay” with an up and down nod
- We are getting less bratty no’s and the revival of the “yes” nod
- Emmy has thoroughly enjoyed swim lessons. She is blowing bubbles, going under water, kicking, moving her arms and floating on her back (with assistance).
- Occasionally does a perfect downward facing dog, we simply call it “doing her yoga” and sometimes she’ll do it when we ask.
- Seems like Little Miss has grown up SO much this month, I’m wondering what happened to my baby. As any parent would say about their own child: she is the smartest and most beautiful little girl in the world.
Monday, May 9, 2011
A few happenings from the past month: