Thursday, September 23, 2010

The Master

bedroom, that is.

I'm so excited for the 2nd week of the 2nd installment of Kelly's "Show Us Where You Live" Fridays.

What a great idea. I enjoyed peeking at everyone's living rooms last week. All I have to say is that there are some great rooms out there, and some great designers. I could use help from SO many of you!

So I will apologize in advance for the quality of my pictures, I snapped these before jumping into the bed. There was the illusion on the camera display that these pictures looked crisp and clear with absolutely no blur. HAH. Maybe I'll take more pictures tomorrow when I get home from work when I have some nice sunlight to work with. Until then......let me present.....our master bedroom (which really isn't all that big. I guess the architects of the 1960's didn't find it necessary to have a big, luxurious master area)

Our queen size bed (hubby is really pushing for a king size) with bedding from Kohls, lamps from Hobby Lobby and pictures that were taken during our trip to Italy and Ireland 4 years ago.


MY NIGHT STAND: lotion that I put on every morning (I swear I'll be wrinkly by 30 because my skin is so dry), Jungle Juice to put on my mosquito bites to kill the itching, OU coaster even though I AM NOT a Sooner fan, old iPhone that i use as an iPod now, Lorex video monitor base, Nook, "Financial Peace", "The Happiest Toddler on the Block" and The Pioneer Woman's cookbook.

HUBBY'S NIGHT STAND: Bible, my Bible, "Strong Fathers, Strong Daughters", OU coaster, Chapstick (this is proof positive that women are more complex than men, just look at the list of crap things that reside on our night stands)

ONE CHEST OF DRAWERS: This, along with a 4drawer, vertical chest of drawers belonged to my parents. They received/bought this furniture when they got married, back in 1965. The finish was a wood veneer. Now? It is satin black with new pulls and knobs and I absolutely love it. I guess what was old is now new again. It is well made furniture and I hope we keep it for a LONG time.

JEWELRY TREE: my attempt at organization. I bought a smaller tree b/c I didn't think that I had very much jewelry. Much to my surprise, I overloaded this poor little tree very quickly.

CLOSETS: Just need to brag on my husband a bit. All of the bedroom closet doors (except the nursery) were once on rollers and were sliding doors. I can't begin to count how many times I'd be looking in the right side of the closet only to need something on the other side. Then, as I stood there looking in the left side- I would find myself needing something on the other side. Murphy's Law at its best I suppose. My talented hubby took our old doors and put them on hinges. Sounds easy but it involved so much work and I'm so proud of him. We aren't quite finished with this project, but we will get there...someday.

Thanks for swinging by and taking a look! With hope of all hopes, if Kelly repeats this home tour next year- our closets will be completely finished with door knobs and all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say: