Thursday, September 4, 2008

Dreaming of Italy


I am absolutely loving the weather. It's the same temperature now as it was in Naples & Rome June 2006. Just an FYI: if you go to Rome, and visit the Trevi fountain, remember to throw the coin with your right hand over your left shoulder! It ensures a safe return to Rome. Also go and visit the Spanish Steps. #1- they offer a really neat photo op. #2- that's where Chris proposed to me. Just watch out for the little men who want to sell roses for 5 euros a stemp. That's about $7-8! Crazy men.
Anyway, I tend to find myself thinking about Italy and Ireland whenever things get stressful around here. I wish there was a magic cure for feeling overwhelmed. The only thing I can think of is to quit work and just go to school part, or full-time. That wouldn't be too bad, right? Although, I might miss the $0.25 waters/sodas at work. And free oatmeal.
But in all seriousness- sometimes it just feels like there are too many things going on in life- to simply enjoy life. I think God wants us to have our hands in varied activites to open our eyes to all the ways he can work- but do we sometimes get ourselves involved in too much? When I can't read my Bible because I feel like I need to be studying- and vice versa- what then? I figure this is just one of those things you learn as you go- and I'm certain there are lessons to be learned along the way. But I would rather skip the lessons and go straight to the end! Give me that pot of gold at the end of my rainbow!!!!
Anyway- going to watch Duets. Goodnight.

1 comment:

  1. My Chris and I went to Italy (Florence, Bologna, and Cinque Terra) last summer. It was such a peaceful and beautiful place. On days when I am stressed, I would give anything to be sitting in one of the cafes enjoying a real latte or sitting on one of the bridges with a huge scoop of gelatto!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say: