Monday, June 23, 2014

37 weeks {the last}


My skirt is in the way, but I don't think the back fat is as bad this time around!!  Probably just fooling myself though :)


The size: According to Babycenter, Wilson/Evelyn should be 19 1/8" and 6lbs 5oz.
How far along: 37 weeks as of Sunday.
Total weight gain: The dr's scale had me up 32lbs on Friday, I'm getting ready to head to the Y- so I"ll compare when I get back....Back from the Y and it said I'm up 31lbs.  I'm vain, I'll go with the latter.  With Nora I was up 38lbs by this time! Wow, what a difference chasing after 2 toddlers and NO bedrest can make.
Sleep:  Not too bad.  My lower back still hurts pretty bad when I get up in the morning (lower left sacrum area)
Maternity Clothes: Pretty much all maternity tops, although some long tanks from Target still fit.  Definitely maternity pants and shorts, but taking advantage of maxi skirts this pregnancy.  Not sure why I didn't try them before this pregnancy!
Food cravings: None really.  Sweets aren't bothering my tastebuds/stomach as much anymore.
Food aversions: Food in general doesn't sound that great right now.  I eat b/c I know I need to, not because it's fun.
Symptoms: Some pretty intense Braxton Hicks contractions (although not regular) and hips/pelvis are definitely loosening.
Stretchmarks: None that I can see. 
Doctor’s Appointment: My appointments are on Fridays and I have been taking those days off from work.  It's nice to have a 3 day weekend.  I usually start the morning off with a 2 mile walk on Riverside, run errands, sew some and clean the house.  I'd like to say that I just sit at home and chill, but that's not happening.  Oh yeah, did find out at my last appointment that I'm GBS positive...so will just need some antibiotics during labor.
Movement:  Lots of movement at my bedtime...I warned Chris the other night that we probably have a night owl on our hands.
Belly Button: It's definitely out.
Best moment of the week:  Chris and I went on a date Saturday for Father's day.  We ate at Main Street Taven in BA and then had a couples massage. Also, I've been told a few times that I have one of those "basketball" bellies.  You can't tell so much just from the profile belly shots, but I guess I don't look as pregnant and wide this time from the back.
And can I throw in a "worst moment of the week"?  It would be coming to the realization that our FMLA/STD policy here at work is crap.  I'll leave it at that.
What I’m looking forward to: Being able to hop out of bed or up from a sitting position without the assistance of others and without hip/back pain.
What I miss: Enjoying sweets and carbs!
Preparations:  Hmm, I put the bouncy seat together and we were recently given a small pack of newborn diapers.  We also buckled the carseat in the back of the car (it's not installed really b/c we will be shifting carseats around once baby gets here).
It's amazing that in 3 weeks, or less, we will be meeting this little creature.  I plan to let myself go to 40 weeks + 1 day and will then schedule an induction.  My parents will be leaving for vacation the week after my due date so I really want to make sure they get to meet the baby (and so that I can cash in on my mom staying with us for a few days).  However, the past few times she has stayed with us she has gotten sick- so I'm not sure she even wants to live in our germ infested house even if just for a few days :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh please! You look fab- no back fat! So close too! :) Good luck on your new little "creature"!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say: