Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Bad Blogger/Baby Book Keeper

Wow, I'm really falling behind on Nora updates.  I don't even have things written down for the past 3 months.  Will I be forced to, gasp, read Emmy's updates and compare against Babycenter's milestone charts so that I can create updates for our littlest?  Maybe if I look through enough pictures, and the few videos that we have, I will be able to get a clear idea of what she was up to in her 11th, 12th, and 13th months?

Sorry Nora, and sorry to any future children I might have; because, I have a feeling that it's just going to get worse from here.

I also want to start writing about funny little things that Emmy says- like this:

(last night, at dinner table, Nora screaming her head off b/c we won't hold her while we eat).

Me: "Emmy please eat"
Chris: "Emmy, just eat so that we can go to gymnastics"
Emmy: "I want more smoolie" (aka smoothie)
Me: (tone changing) "Emmy, EAT"
Christ: "Emmy, please just eat your waffle.  You can have more smoothie after you eat your food"
Nora: (constant screams with a few "all done's" mixed in)
Emmy:  "I am VERY disappointed in you guys"
Me: (not taking the time to try to figure out what she's really wanting to say) "BE QUIET AND EAT".

WOW.

Really?

We are THOSE parents.

But guess what?  After that, she was quiet and she ate.

The girl's inside voice sounds more like a yell and her whisper is what you and I would consider a conversational volume.  So maybe our inside voice sounds like a whisper to her and she can only hear yelling?

Yeah, I'll go with that one.

1 comment:

  1. Greetings! Very helpful advice within this article! It is the little changes that make the biggest changes. Thanks a lot for sharing!

    ps3 jailbreak 4.41

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say: