Saturday, August 28, 2010

Closet Help

So...Chris works for this company.  They have been kind enough to let him work during the nights this weekend.  Yay!.....NOT.

First, I hate that it messes up his sleep/work cycle.  Second, I hate that he's out patrolling construction projects at night, not really the safest job.  Third, I'm sooooo glad he's being compensated for his extra time (did you catch any of the sarcasm?).  Fourth, ....OK, so you get the point?

With all those complaints being aired, I do have to say- I consider us to be very blessed that we both have jobs that pay well and that we work for companies who seem to be in it for the long haul.  I just feel a little sorry for myself because I'm home alone, and I wanted some sympathy.

The good news, the very good news, is that I finally put all the clean laundry away.  As I was hanging things up in the closet I though to myself "maybe if I post pictures of my rockin' 1960's closet, I can get some closet organization tips".  In our master room and in the 2nd largest bedroom, we do not have walk in closets.  What we have are two beautiful closets in each room, that used to have doors on sliding tracks.  I found myself so often standing on one side of the closet, but needing something from the other side.  Then, inevitably, once I made my way to the other side of the closet- I would need something from the first side.  Ugh.  My wonderful, handyman husband went to work after my nagging suggestion to put the doors on hinges.  They rock.  Oh, I forgot where I was going with this statement...pictures!  Of the closets that only a 4 year old would consider BIG.

So here goes, I'm going where very few women have gone before. 

Behold................

MY CLOSET(s)
 My Closet
The Shared Closet
The Baby Hangers

Last year, Chris decided to move some of his things into my our 2nd closet in the master bedroom.  I had to do a little rearranging, but I understand that going to another bedroom every morning to get your clothes could get a little old. 

For the most part, I think our closets are OK...but do you all have any items you'd suggest for a more organized closet?  Here's what I've come up with so far:  I put my clothes in color order for the most part.  In the "my closet" picture I have my Collegiate shirts, cardigans, gray, brown, orange, yellow, green, blue ,purple shirts and dresses.  In the Rubbermaid container I keep seasonal socks, swimsuits, leggings and non athletic tanks.  I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the shoe rack on top (except for the fact that I can't reach the top row, hah!)

In our shared closet I keep my pants, skirts and red/white/and black tops.  The tubs on the shelf have flip flops (which I probably haven't worn in 3 years, old purses and random winter clothes).  If you look at the bottom picture, I'm proudly displaying my baby hangers.  They work great for pants so they don't hang as low.  They are a few inches shorter than adult hangers and not near as wide, so pants work great.

We have no drawers/shelving that you'd find in a walk in closet so we each have a chest of drawers in the bedroom.  But even with that furniture, I still find myself putting my shorts out in the hallway linen closet and my pajamas and sweaters in boxes under the bed.  I just need help organizing...any ideas?  Or anyone that wants to come over and help?

1 comment:

I love hearing what you have to say: