Saturday, March 2, 2013

Father....

Emmy has a new word for the hubs.

Father.

It only comes out at the dinner table.  Why?  I don't know. But on the way home from the zoo today she told us "Daddy, I only call you father when we eat dinner".

And she doesn't just say it once or twice, she probably says it 20 times per meal. 

"Father, here is your placemat"
"Father, please sit by me"
"Father, I need a drink".

It's hilarious and (no lies here)  a little annoying all in one.  It is only annoying because her obsession is so great with saying the word "father" that it becomes a struggle to get her to eat. So to combat the eating issue, I just squirt a little more ketchup on her plate and throw her a bribe.....

3 comments:

  1. Yeah. This made me laugh out loud. She's a corker, that Emmy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah ketchup...the magic elixir. My niece will literally dip anything into it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the funniest thing! Yep, ketchup or ranch dressing to dip in and kids will eat nearly anything!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say: