Thursday, July 7, 2011

23 months-and well into the terrible twos

Here is what Emmy has been up to on her journey to two years old:

FAVORITE SONG: "I had a little turtle"

FAVORITE FOOD(S): Fruit snacks, cucumber and tomatoes with tangy dressing, ketchup

FAVORITE BOOK: "I Love You Through and Through"

FAVORITE WORD(S): "I'll get it", "I'll do it" and "I did it", "How-do" <-- which is aka HOUSE. She is rapidly moving past saying single words and practicing putting 2-4 words together.

FAVORITE SHOW(S): Handy Manny and Toy Story 3

OTHER TIDBITS:

  • Emmy's love for "lo lo" (lotion) has only increased.
  • She talks to inanimate objects. On the ride to work, if I hit a pot hole, she gets her finger out and shakes it while saying "NO car". Today I caught her spanking her knee and telling it no. She cracks me up.
  • She can AALLMMOOSSTT jump. The bend and stand up part is good, we just need to get some air time.
  • She loves standing on her tiptoes and closing all the doors and saying "Bye Bye doors".
  • Emmy is doing great in the pool, she loves to wear her puddle jumper and kick to the steps in the pool. Then she'll get on the 2nd step and "jump" in.

Well, the countdown is on for birthday #2. I have NOTHING planned. It's amazing how much of a difference there is between planning this year and last! Hopefully the trend DOES NOT continue next year or else the poor girl might not have a party at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say: