Saturday, November 17, 2012

Nora's (lack of ) Sleep

It's 11:22pm.  I should be in bed.

It happens every time.

I could write a mathematical proof.

Late bedtime for mommy (or daddy) = early rising for Nora or Emmy.






Let me start by saying this, I know that every child is different.  But I cannot help but compare sleep schedules between Emmy and Nora.  At this age (just shy of 8 months), Emmy was sleeping 12 hours a night but only 1.5-2 hours at school. Nora on the other hand is sleeping around 10 hours (max) at night and 3-3.4 hours at school.  So both equalled about 13.5 hours, just in different ways.

Here's what is just killing me about Nora...the anywhere from 430-530 wake ups (and many times it is b/c she has pooped her pants....and really, I can't blame her for not wanting to go back to sleep with a pile of poo in her diapo).  It's rare that the girl sleeps past 6am.  She really lives by the motto "early to bed, early to rise, makes a baby healthy, wealthy and wise".

We have a standing rule in our house that if she is awake before 6am...well then tough "you know whats" for her, she just has to stay in bed until the official wake up time.

Did I mention that it's rare for her to sleep in past that wake up time?

So I know what you are probably thinking.  "Oh Jordan, just keep her up later".

I know, that probably would cure it.

But I'm telling you what....short of dangling the girl by one foot, whilst hanging upside down, I cannot wake that girl up after her bedtime feeding.  Some nights it's actually a problem b/c I cannot get a burp out of her!

This is just the tip of the iceberg in how different the girls are in their sleep patterns.
I would be oh so thrilled if you would share any experiences that you have with "curing" an early riser!

Thank you and sweet dreams =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say: