Wednesday was Emmy’s 6 month checkup. The Dr was pleased with her development and very impressed that Emmy can put her pacifier in her mouth! She also told us that we can start doing biter biscuits. I’m sure "little bit" will LOVE them.
This past month has been eventful, with more sick days than healthy- here’s what Emmy has been up to:
- New foods: sweet potatoes, oatmeal, peas, pears, turkey, applesauce
- Dr’s appt on Jan 7 b/c we thought you had an ear infection…nope!
- You are so wonderful at entertaining yourself. You can spend a good 30 minutes in your exersaucer, or on the ground with your playmat. You are also starting to enjoy your doorway jumper.
- You are really enjoying your solids!
- You play with your toes, and our toes!
- You reach out for toys, can grab them and pull them to your mouth.
- I love how you give kisses and hugs.
- You are starting to get bedhead in the mornings, which means your hair is getting thicker, yay!
- Peek A Boo is one of your favorite games right now
- you can sit up by yourself
- You’ve been really sick this month: vomit followed by fever followed by a cough and wheeze then diagnosed with RSV and a double ear infection.
- You like to purse your lips together and blow "raspberries"
- "ba" and "ga" are two new sounds that you are making.
- You are doing much better on tummy time and will even hang out and play on toys while on your tummy. You can push up with your arms and you are starting to "swim" with your legs.
- You turn to the sound of toys and usually turn to your name.
- One of your favorite toys is a little rattle that you can easily grasp and pass hand to hand.
- You go to sleep around 645 and wake around 645.
- At the beginning of the month, you were taking around 36 ounces a day with solids once a day. As of right now, you are eating about 25-30 ounces a day along with oatmeal and fruit/veggies.